Gestational Surrogacy in Illinois
Over the past decade, Family Source Consultants has matched and facilitated hundreds of arrangements for Egg Donors, Surrogates and Intended Parents throughout the state of Illinois, the entire United States, and Internationally.
For the convenience of Intended Parents, Surrogates, and Egg Donors, Family Source Consultants offers several locations throughout the United States.
Our Joliet office is located at 1000 Essington Road, Joliet, IL 60435, approximately 40 miles (64 km) southwest of Chicago.
Illinois is one of 5 states in the United States which have specific laws governing Gestational Surrogacy. The surrogacy laws in Illinois are applicable to all couples, regardless of sexual orientation, which makes the state a highly desirable location for same-sex parents who are seeking the assistance of a Surrogate Mother.
Becoming a Parent Through Surrogacy in Illinois
The state of Illinois offers surrogacy-friendly laws which allow for all parental rights of the intended parents to be established through a pre-birth order prior to the birth of your child. The child’s birth certificate reflects the information of the biological parents; the gestational surrogate is not listed on the birth certificate. This pre-birth order is done outside of the court, which makes the process easy and stress-free for both intended parents and surrogates.
All prospective Surrogates have been carefully pre-screened including:
- In-depth application
- Personal interview with Family Source
- Written consent from OB
- Complete medical history, including previous pregnancy and delivery records
- Criminal background check (on both candidate and their spouse/partner)
- Professional psychological screening (of candidate and spouse/partner)
You may call us at (800) FSC-0529 or submit an online request to receive an information packet, or to schedule a no-cost in-person or Skype consultation.
How to Become a Gestational Surrogate in Illinois
Family Source Consultants is looking for gestational surrogates across the state of Illinois and throughout the U.S.
You may qualify to become a TeamFSC Surrogate if you meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of the United States
- Be between the ages of 21-45
- Be healthy overall
- Be height-weight proportionate with BMI of 35 or less
- Have at least one child and be raising (or have raised) that child
- Have experienced a full-term pregnancy and delivery
- Be in a stable living situation
- Not be on any form of state public assistance
- Not smoke or take illegal drugs
- Not have any psychiatric illness
- Enjoy pregnancy and be motivated by the wish to help others create or add to their family
In addition to our active online surrogacy support group, our Illinois surrogacy program holds support group meetings in the areas of Joliet, Bloomington, and Chicago.
If you would like to be part of Family Source Consultants’ mission of “Bringing Miracles & Dreams Together,” contact us today. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have about becoming a Gestational Surrogate in Illinois.