Gestational Surrogacy in Illinois
Illinois is one of 5 states in the United States which have specific laws governing Gestational Surrogacy. The surrogacy laws in Illinois are applicable to all couples, regardless of sexual orientation, which makes the state a highly desirable location for same-sex parents who are seeking the assistance of a Surrogate Mother.
Family Source is proud to offer our gestational surrogacy matching services to intended parents and surrogates in Joliet, Peoria, Naperville and throughout the state of Illinois.
Prospective parents and gestational surrogates can be assured that Family Source Consultants is here to provide expert guidance throughout your Surrogacy journey.
To receive an information packet, or to schedule a no-cost in-person or Skype consultation, we can be reached at (800) FSC-0529 or through our online request form.
Illinois Intended Parents
- The Illinois Gestational Surrogacy Act was passed in 2005 and established consistent standards and procedural safeguards for the protection of all parties involved in a gestational surrogacy agreement.
- All parental rights of the intended parents have been established through a pre-birth order before a child is born. The child’s birth certificate reflects the biological parents; the gestational surrogate is not listed on the birth certificate. This pre-birth order is done outside of the court, which makes the process easy and stress-free for both surrogates and intended parents.
All prospective Surrogates have been carefully pre-screened.
Personal interview with Family Source
Written consent from OB
- Complete medical history, including previous pregnancy and delivery records
Criminal background check (on both candidate and their spouse/partner)
Professional psychological screening (of candidate and spouse/partner)
You may call us at (800) FSC-0529 or submit an online request to receive an information packet, or to schedule a no-cost in-person or Skype consultation.
Illinois Gestational Surrogates
You may qualify to become a TeamFSC Surrogate if you meet the following requirements:
Be a resident of the United States
- Be between the ages of 21-45
- Be healthy overall
Be height-weight proportionate with BMI of 35 or less
- Have at least one child and be raising (or have raised) that child
- Have experienced a full-term pregnancy and delivery
- Be in a stable living situation
- Not be on any form of state public assistance
- Not smoke or take illegal drugs
- Not have any psychiatric illness
- Enjoy pregnancy and be motivated by the wish to help others create or add to their family
Family Source Consultants ensures that all Surrogates who choose to work with us receive an optimal compensation package. While there is a great deal of altruism involved in becoming a surrogate, there is also an expectation of compensation in return for the sacrifices that you will make as Surrogate. Rest assured that you will be fully compensated for your time, effort and commitment to your Intended Parents’ mission, and for any inconveniences that you and/or your family members may experience as a result of your pregnancy as a Gestational Surrogate.
An example of the compensation package that you may expect as a Family Source Consultants Gestational Surrogate:
- Surrogate Base Compensation:
First Time Surrogates: $30,000-$35,000
Experienced Surrogates: $35,000+
- Monthly Incidental: $200 per month
- Embryo Transfer: $750
- Maternity Clothes Allowance: $750/$1,000
- Multiples: $5,000
- Cesarean Section: $2,500
Please keep in mind that these amounts are only a guideline. As a TeamFSC Surrogate, you are free to set your own base compensation. Surrogate compensation depends on many different factors and is unique to each Surrogacy journey.
Your Surrogacy Journey Begins Here
If you are an Intended Parent seeking a Gestational Surrogate or Egg Donor, or a woman interested in helping an individual or couple as a Gestational Surrogate, start your journey with TeamFSC. Submit your request online and receive a response within 24 hours.